Monday, April 27, 2009

Leonard Cohen In Edmonton April 25th 2009



What a week for Canadian music legends. Saturday saw Leonard Cohen playing Rexall Place here in Edmonton, two days after Neil Young played the same venue. I wasn't going to go to this show, but then knew my friend Joe is a huge Cohen fan, and thought I might as well check it out with him. I am glad that I did, Leonard doesn't tour very often and who knows if I would ever get the chance to see him if I didn't go this time.
He played for just under 3 hours with an intermission half way through. The show started with a standing ovation for him from the crowd of about 8,000. I was quite impressed with the show, his voice still sounds great, raspy and all. It was a laid back older crowd for the show.
I wouls rate this show an 8 out of 10. Earl also decided to come to the show at the last minute. All and all a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment